½ head of cauliflower, riced (about ½ cup)
1 egg (or equivalent egg substitute)
¼ cup GF bread crumbs (or GF flour will work also)
1 tsp garlic, minced
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp basil
½ tsp oregano
2 cups spinach
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup raspberry balsamic vinaigrette
½ cup pasta sauce
½ cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella style almond cheese)
- In a food processor, shred zucchini and cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, cauliflower, egg, bread crumbs or flour, garlic, sea salt, basil, oregano. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Refrigerate crust mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Using foil or parchment paper, line a baking sheet. Spread crust mixture evenly into a thin layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add toppings and cheese if desired. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.