¼ cup gluten-free bread crumbs
1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
¼ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Olive oil for greasing pan
1 spaghetti squash
2 cups pasta sauce (my homemade version is found here!)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, pepper, garlic and seasonings.
- Form into 2” meatballs and put into a greased muffin pan. This makes the baking process really easy and helps the meatballs stay together.
- Bake at 375°F for about 20 minutes or until cooked completely through.
- While the meatballs are baking, cook the spaghetti squash. I find the easiest way is to cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place one half of the squash, cut side down in a glass baking dish. Add in ¼ cup water, cover and microwave for about 10 minutes. Cook the other half of squash the same way.
- Using a fork, scrape out the squash “pasta” and put onto serving plates.
- Once the meatballs are done, place two or three onto the squash pasta and top with pasta sauce. If desired, throw on some parmesan cheese and some parsley.