It’s the second week of the Great Pumpkin Event with Taste of Home! Remember, you can win a fun prize from Taste of Home by leaving a comment with your favorite pumpkin recipe or over on our Facebook page!
This week, I wanted to share an easy savory pumpkin recipe – Pumpkin Vegetable Stew! Made as is, this can easily be vegan. However, I oped to add some beef stew meat to make this a full, hearty, meal. The other change I made was cooking this in my Instant Pot to save some time. It was delicious! My kids LOVED it and they are pretty skeptical when it comes to pumpkin. I loved the variety of vegetables in there and the simplicity of the dish.
I think the pumpkin is great in this, but it is a pain to peel and cube. To save some time, you could use pre-cut butternut squash!
Don’t forget – my friend A.J over at The Lively Cook is hosting a giveaway too! This week she made a Pumpkin Roll – check it out!
- 4 cups cubed peeled pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh cut green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.