These little cookies are the perfect combo of sweet and salty. These don’t represent clean eating foods in any sense of the term but they are tasty – perfect for those “cheat” or “treat” days. These would also make great gifts. We made them for some friends as a special thanks for helping us during our difficult times lately. These are stuffed with salty peanuts, pretzels and chocolate chunks. They are made with gluten-free flours and can easily be made with egg or dairy alternatives if needed. Makes about 24 cookies
1/2 cup butter or shortening, soft
1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup pretzels (pieces)
1 cup peanuts or other chopped nuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is allergy-friendly)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and honey until smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add in flour, soda, powder and salt until just combined. Fold in pretzels, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounds of dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes on a wire rack.