Do you love sauerkraut? If so, you will like this summer take complete with flavorful sausage and homemade sauerkraut. The homemade sauerkraut is great on dogs, burgers, etc but I especially love the combination of the sweet sausage with the tangy kraut. Plus cabbage and potatoes go well together also! It is just another way to reap the benefits of summer’s bounty and save money by preparing yourself! Makes 4 servings
4 oz sausage, crumbled (see my homemade version here)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large potato, diced
1 cup squash, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup sauerkraut
- In a large skillet, brown sausage crumbles.
- Add in olive oil, potatoes, squash and mushrooms and cook until vegetables are soft and starting to brown.
- Sprinkle over seasonings.
- Lastly, top with sauerkraut and cook for just a couple minutes to heat kraut.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…