Extra GF flour for rolling out dough bites (maybe ¼ cup)
¼ cup diced onions
1 cup spinach
½ cup diced mushrooms
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I like oregano, basil, thyme blend)
½ cup shredded cheese (I used DF)
1 can diced tomatoes plus 1 tsp italian seasoning
- In a small blender (I used my Magic Bullet), blend tomatoes and 1 tsp Italian seasoning until smooth. This will be your dipping sauce for your pizza bites!
- In a large skillet, sauté spinach, onions and mushrooms in olive oil. Add Italian seasoning to vegetable mixture.
- On a clean floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a large ¼” thick circle. Cut circle into about 2” squares (they don’t have to be perfect).
- Place dough square in the palm of your hand. Spoon on about ½ tsp of tomato sauce, 1-2 tsp of vegetable mixture and 1 tsp of cheese.
- Wrap up the dough mixture around the stuffing and secure seams, making the pizza balls. Repeat with remaining dough and ingredients.
- Place stuffed dough balls into a greased baking dish (a 2 qt dish should work).
- Bake at 450°F for about 20-25 minutes or until dough is cooked and starting to brown.
- Top with some tomato sauce and additional shredded cheese if desired and serve with dipping sauce!