Frosted Spray Paint (you can find this at any hardware store or even Wal-Mart)
Thin, plastic covered wire (you can find it at hardware stores or craft stores)
Yarn, string, burlap, etc (something to tie a bow around the top of the jar)
Acrylic paint (whatever colors you like)
Tea light candles (regular or flameless)
- First, you need to spray paint your jars. You really only need to paint the outside and let it dry but you could try the inside too if you’d like.
- After your jars have tried, put a little bit of acrylic paint onto a paper plate. Paint the child’s hand and have them gently place it on the jar (or you could let them have at it and paint whatever they want!). Let the handprints dry.
- Paint a friendly message onto the jar if desired using the paint pens and let that dry.
- Take the wire and wrap it around the threads on top of the jar, making a loop for the handle and securing it within the wire wrap. It doesn’t have to be real secure unless you are actually wanting to hang the jars using the handle.
- Tie a bow using your type of string around the handle or the top of the jar. Put in a lit tea light candle and enjoy the subtle glow!