1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 cup (or one can) corn
1 large bell pepper, diced
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup carrot, diced
1 cup chicken broth, or water
1 tsp chili powder (more for spicier version)
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp black pepper
8 oz cream cheese (dairy free works great in this!)
½ cup milk
avocado, finely diced
fresh tomato, finely diced
- In a large stockpot, combine chicken, beans, corn, peppers, onion, carrot and broth. Bring to a slow boil.
- Add in cream cheese, cut into chunks and chili powder, salt, paprika, cumin, and black pepper.
- Return to a slow boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until cream cheese is melted.
- Add in milk and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Ladle chowder into bowls and top with desired toppings. We like avocado, tomatoes, cheese and tortilla strips.