These sweet little biscuits are great with a variety of dishes. We love them with our soups or chili as well as serving them with holiday favorites. The sweetness from the honey really complements the pumpkin while the onion and sage add a nice savory flavor. These are great served with just a touch of butter or butter alternative. Makes 12 biscuits
3 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (or Paleo blend)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter or shortening
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup milk, warm
1 pkt active dry yeast
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dehydrated onion
1 tsp fresh sage, minced
- In a small bowl, combine warm milk, honey and yeast and let rest about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic salt, sage and onion.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Add in pumpkin and yeast mixture until dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and kneed about 10- 12 times.
- Form into a large circle. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Cover biscuits with a towel and let rise in a warm place until about doubled in size (about 30 minutes).
- Bake at 400F for about 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown.