If you are looking for a quick prep, make ahead, Fall inspired, hearty breakfast recipe, you have certainly found a winner with this one from Taste of Home! I’ll be honest, we aren’t big on baked oatmeal dishes but this one was so good that it’s going into our regular meal rotation for sure.
I stumbled onto this recipe looking for new things to try for the Taste of Home Great Pumpkin Event. It didn’t have a lot of reviews but the ingredients were simple enough. It’s a hidden gem! The flavors were great, subtly sweet and that crunch from the pecans is perfect! Seriously, I’m going to be making this for Thanksgiving breakfast this year!
Taste of Home has TONS of pumpkin recipes. If you want to win a fun Taste of Home prize, leave a comment with your favorite pumpkin recipe or head over to the Facebook page and leave a comment there! OR do both for two entries! Also – my friend AJ over at The Lively Cook is having a giveaway too!
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additional 2% milk and brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11×7-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove oatmeal from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover and stir oatmeal; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve warm with additional milk and brown sugar.