½ cup water
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup GF old fashioned oats
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup pine nuts (or pecans, walnuts, etc) if desired
¼ cup cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) if desired
- In a small saucepan, bring steel cut oats and water to boil. Cook for about 7 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, sugar, honey and coconut oil. Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda, spices, both kinds of oats and flour. Blend until well combined.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips if desired.
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookie dough 2 inches apart on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- If you want your cookies flat, flatten dough on pan with a spoon or your hand.
- Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes until cookies are slightly browned on top. Let cool about 10 minutes. Store cookies in a sealed container – preferably in refrigerator.