This is probably my favorite way to enjoy pumpkin in a savory way! Seriously, this recipe from Taste of Home is so flavorful and rich. Honestly, I had my doubts about adding pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in my chili but gosh it was good! It gave it a unique flavor and all of the flavors really blended well together. The only thing I would do different next time is add a bit more spicy flavors for a little extra kick. I definitely recommend you give this recipe a try!
Remember: this recipe review is part of Taste of Home‘s Great Pumpkin Event! You can win a fun prize from Taste of Home just by leaving a comment with your favorite pumpkin recipe (bonus points if it’s from Taste of Home!). You can also check out my friend A.J. ‘s facebook page, The Lively Cook to enter her contest as well!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) chili sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Buy IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add water if desired to reduce thickness. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
1 cup: 293 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.