Again, this was supposed to be chocolate cake. Oh friends, you may not get an easy, paleo, chocolate cake real soon BUT you will have TONS of variations for brownies!! Plus, I like brownies better anyway. These are GREAT. I’m a firm believe that chocolate and peanut butter combined could make the world a much better place. These are very rich so you don’t need to eat a ton of them, unless you just want to. Remember, I’m all about eating what makes you feel good, happy and what is good for you – easily on a budget or for a busy family. That being said, don’t eat the entire pan of these. While this brownie may be “healthier” than the boxed kind, it is still sweet and unnecessary to any diet. But, indulge a little – it’ll make that crappy day a little better! Makes 12-15 servings
1 cup almond flour
2 tsp coconut flour
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 egg or egg replacer (1/4 cup applesauce, yogurt, flax egg, pumpkin)
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter, chunky preferred
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter or almond, creamy
1/2 cup powdered sugar (*see note below*)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add in egg, water, peanut butter and vanilla and mix until just combined. Pour into a greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes. Let brownies cool about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread peanut butter over warm brownies and sprinkle with chocolate chips.