I typically prefer peaches in the summer but I’m really loving them this fall. I’ve been able to find some delicious, juicy, local peaches that are perfect in everything… especially this cobbler. This dish is a mix between a cake-like cobbler and a bread pudding. It’s slightly sweet and creamy with just a touch of cake texture. It’s very simple to make but you can’t forget the Coconut Cardamom Cream – it just rounds out the whole dessert! Makes about 8-10 servings
2/3 cup almond flour
4 tsp coconut flour
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut cardamom cream (*recipe below*)
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, almond flour, 1/4 cup arrowroot starch, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in milk, vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Toss peaches in 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch and fold into cake mix.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish with coconut oil. Pour in peach mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat water, honey, nutmeg and oil until just boiling and well blended. Pour honey mixture over peaches in pan.
- Bake at 400F for about 50-60 minute or until browned and center has set. Remove from oven and let rest for about 15 minutes. Top with coconut cream.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients until smooth. Store in a sealed container in refrigerator.