I’ve been baking up a storm for Root Coffeehouse in downtown Pittsburg and I’ve been making Gluten-free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles are my favorite…………………
Therefore, I HAD to make a Paleo version – no grains, no dairy, no egg even. This was very simple and yielded a VERY soft cookie but with that great pumpkin-cinnamon flavor. Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1/4 cup coconut oil or palm shortening
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, blend together maple syrup, pumpkin, coconut oil and vanilla. Add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cream of tarter, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix until well combined. Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes so it is easier to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut sugar and cinnamon for coating.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough in round balls.
- Roll the dough balls into the sugar mixture. Place balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten cookies with palm.
- Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned and firm. Remove from oven and let cook for about 10 minutes.