Okay – this might be my new summer go-to dessert for gatherings. It is fairly easy to make but tastes great and looks even better. This dish resembles a cheesecake but it is all raw ingredients – no baking at all! It is also dairy free, soy free, grain free, gluten free – totally Paleo and raw! It combines the traditional flavors of peaches and cream transformed into a cool and rich dessert. Bring this to your next BBQ – it’s sure to be a hit! Makes one 9″ tart (I didn’t need that big so I made a smaller version – just cut the ingredients!)
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp sea salt
4 large peaches, peeled
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut manna (coconut meat)
1/2 cup cashews or other nut
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp guar gum (or other starch for thickening)
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a blender (I used a Magic Bullet), blend cashews and almonds together until a coarse flour remains.
- Pour into a small bowl and add in oil, honey and salt. Stir together until mixture is slightly crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9″ tart pan or pie plate.
- In a blender (or Magic Bullet), combine 3 peaches, coconut milk, manna, cashews, guar gum, vanilla, honey and cinnamon. Blend for about 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and creamy. Cut the last peach into small pieces and stir into filling mixture.
- Pour filling over crust and refrigerate for about 2 hours for tart to set up. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.