I know I already posted a pumpkin bread recipe but I couldn’t resist posting this one also. These will make perfect gifts – especially those with food allergies or intolerances (or just to sneak something healthy into a person’s mealtime!) I really just took a standard bread recipe and split into four mini loaf pans. I then mixed together a pumpkin/cinnamon filling and swirled into bread dough. The end result = cute little mini pumpkin loaves. This makes either 1 regular bread loaf or 4 mini loaves.
1 pkg of GF bread mix (I like Bob’s Homemade Wonderful mix-yeast packet included)
1 ¾ cup warm coconut/almond milk blend (or one or the other)
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon and pie spice. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine warm milk and yeast. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bread mix, eggs, oil and vinegar. Add in yeast mixture and blend over medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Divide bread dough into 4 greased mini loaf pans.
- Drop 3 teaspoons of pumpkin mixture onto the top of the bread dough in each pan.
- Using a knife, swirl the pumpkin into the bread dough in any pattern you’d like (I just randomly swirled it).
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until bread is cooked through. Let cool about 5 minutes and then remove from baking pans and continue cooling.