¼ cup arrowroot starch
¼ cup sweet sorghum flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 cup coconut sugar, stevia or regular sugar
3 medium bananas, mashed
½ cup mango puree (Puree a small mango, adding a little water as necessary)
1 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
½ cup almond milk
¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Blend until well combined and form a small well in the middle.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, bananas, mango, oil and milk until well blended. Pour banana mixture into well in flour.
- Gently mix on low speed until just combined, batter will be lumpy. Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into greased loaf pans. Bake at 350°F for about 30-35 minutes for mini pans or 45-50 minutes for regular pans. Let cool about 15 minutes.
- To freeze: bake according to instructions and let bread loaves cool for an hour. Wrap loaves in plastic wrap and then in foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for a few hours.