½ cup white rice flour
½ cup tapioca starch
½ cup potato starch
¼ cup stevia or sugar
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 ½ Tbsp fresh cut lavender
¼ cup butter, cold cut into small chunks (I used non-dairy)
¼ cup coconut oil, cold cut into small chunks
¼ cup applesauce
½ cup plain yogurt
½ cup almond milk
1 Tbsp honey
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp almond milk
½ cup (or more)of powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, lavender and lemon zest. Cut in butter, coconut oil and applesauce until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Add in yogurt and milk until dough forms. Pour dough onto a clean, floured surface.
- Knead dough 5-6 times and then form into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 slices and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until scones are cooked through and slightly brown. Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- While scones are baking, place lemon juice, milk and powdered sugar into a small bowl and whisk together. Add in additional sugar to get desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over warm scones and serve.