If you remember from some of my very first posts, I love bread and I had to have it at every meal. Now, it’s more of a small craving and I only need it occasionally to satisfy me. I have found some decent tasting freezer rolls that are gluten free. However, I wanted to make some of my own. These turned out pretty good. The dough is a good base and I will be using it more to make different variations. I liked the addition of the chives and onions to give the rolls added flavor. This makes about 8-10 rolls
¾ cup white rice flour
¾ cup brown rice flour
½ cup potato starch
½ cup tapioca starch
1 pkg yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp fresh chives
1 tsp red onion, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and yeast; let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flours, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum and sea salt.
- Over medium speed, mix together dry ingredients and yeast mixture.
- Add in egg, vinegar and olive oil. Blend for about 4 minutes.
- While mixture is blending, add in chives and onion.
- Separate dough into small balls (about 8-10) and place on a greased cookie sheet. Cover rolls with plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour. Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes.