ToH Tuesday Review & Giveaway
You know what I love as much as a great recipe? A giveaway!!!!!
For this week’s Taste of Home Tuesday review, I get to pick a lucky winner to receive a ‘bookazine’ from Taste of Home!!!
First though – let’s check out this great recipe I made from Taste of Home…..
This has been a brutally cold week and this stew was perfect to fight off some of that cold. Plus, I love Italian inspired foods so this was a quick favorite for me. Kale is my favorite green so I loved that this recipe featured it. It’s hearty and filling and full of vegetables! The recipe is vegan as written (and that’s how I made it) but you could easily add some ground meat, chicken or even seafood if desired. The beans provide protein to help round this stew out. Very easy to make and tastes great!
(from Taste of Home)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained