½ cup coconut flour
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup honey, agave, or maple syrup
¾ cup water
½ cup oil or shortening (coconut oil, soy butter, or a mix)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blackberries
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup stevia or sugar
- Mix together the blackberries, cinnamon and stevia to make the fruit filling.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients and then add in the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Spread the fruit mixture on the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish. Drop the dough mixture on top of the fruit by spoonfuls until the majority of the fruit is covered and the dough is gone.
- Sprinkle a little sugar or brown sugar on top of the wet dough. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until the dough is brown on top.
- Note: If your berries are juicy, you will not need to add any extra water or juice to the fruit mixture. Also, if using frozen berries, make sure you thaw them completely and drain most of the liquid out so your cobbler does not become soggy.