Have you heard of buckeyes? The ball, bar, cookie, etc? Basically, they are dessert forms of the buckeye seed/nut from a tree. Who cares about that though? Let’s get on to these delicious almond version of the popular treat! These Almond Buckeyes are super simple bites that only require 5 ingredients! They make great gifts or school snacks – if you don’t eat them all first. Makes about 20-25 buckeye balls.
- In a food processor or blender, puree dates, almond butter and coconut butter until smooth.
- In a small bowl, melt coconut oil. Add in cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Form almond mixture into small, 1″ balls (or you can use a small cookie scoop).
- Dip balls into chocolate mixture – just one side.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. Store in a sealed container in fridge.