Sometimes you just need a quick and easy, comforting, warm, delicious meal on a cold winter night. This soup is just that! It’s hearty and filling, but still healthy and light. It has a slight Italian flavor and goes great some warm Focaccia or garlic bread. It is quick enough to have on the table in about 20-30 minutes. Makes about 4 servings
1 can beans (I used organic navy beans
2 cup zucchini, chopped
1 ½ – 2 cups of roasted tomatoes, or 1 can (see note below)
½ cup mushrooms, diced
1 cup Swiss chard, chopped
½ cup onion, diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp bay leaves
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 ½- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- In a large stockpot, sauté onions and zucchini in olive oil for about 10 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms, chard, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Bring soup to a boil and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in water until you get your desired consistency and cover. Continue boiling covered for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.