If you liked my cranberry spread, you will love it on this sandwich. I know making a sandwich is not hard to do and this one is very simple but sometimes you find the right combination and it is too good not to share. Turkey and cranberry just go together and with the holidays coming up I hope you remember this for any leftovers you may have. It’s also perfect to make ahead and take for a quick and easy lunch as it is just as good cold as it is hot! Makes 1 sandwich. Enjoy!
2 slices of gluten-free bread (I love Udi’s or homemade)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp cranberry orange spread
2 slices of deli turkey meat (A local market has a great honey roasted turkey)
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 tsp dairy free butter
- Spread butter on both sides of bread slices.
- On a hot griddle, lay bread slices and cook for about 5 minutes or they start to brown.
- On the griddle, warm turkey slices.
- Flip over bread slices to cook the other side.
- On one slice of bread, spread Dijon mustard. On the other side, spread the cranberry orange spread.
- Layer the slice of cheese on a bread slice.
- Top with turkey slices and then the remaining bread slice. Serve immediately.
- You can obviously cook this on a Panini press but I don’t have one so the griddle worked fine!