Granola bars are a popular, grab-and-go snack for those busy days. I used to always have some on hand for a quick car ride, after-school snacks, work snacks, etc. However, they can be expensive and full of “junk”. There are so many healthier options available for homemade granola bars. In addition, we limit the intake of our grains so I’ve created a few grain free type granolas. My most popular has been Aloha No-Grola. This version in bar form, features several superfruits for added nutrition, antioxidants and filling foods! All while being completely natural with no sugar added. This makes about 10 bars
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp hemp seeds
8 pitted dates
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup dried goji berries
1/2 cup dried passion fruit pieces
- In a blender, pulse together walnuts, almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds and dates. Pulse for about 30 seconds or until nuts and seeds are finely chopped and dates are blended. Mixture should be not be smooth just combined.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine blueberries, water and coconut oil. Bring to a slow boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour blueberry mixture in with nuts and pulse a few more times until combined. Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press mixture into about a 1/2″ rectangle. Bake at 325F for about 20-25 minutes. Watch the mixture carefully so it does not burn.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Once cooled, cut mixture into bars. Wrap bars in plastic wrap or parchment paper and store in a sealed container.