Need a Super Bowl Party dish??? How about a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe? Sometimes you just need something fast and light after a busy day at work or school. This makes cute little individual servings that are perfectly customizable for each person. This recipe makes about 6 taco bowls.
6 small round corn tortilla shells
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 cup medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cilantro
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ginger
½ cup corn
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
Ranch, salsa, sour cream, cheese for toppings if desired
- In a large skillet, sauté shrimp in olive oil. Sprinkle with cilantro, ginger, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
- Add in beans and corn and stir until well combined.
- While shrimp is cooking, warm up tortilla shells in oven set to 400F.
- If you have a taco bowl pan (as seen on TV), use it. It works perfect. If not, you can use muffin pans (upside down or right side up). Just watch the shells closely as they burn quickly.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into warm tortilla shells and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado and other desired toppings.