1 celery stalk, diced
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
3 slices of turkey bacon
1 3 oz tilapia filet (or similar type of fish)
1.5 cup large shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 tsp thyme
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
1 cup water, or broth of choice
1 can of diced tomatoes (or 1 cup of homemade canned tomatoes-see below)
- In a skillet or electric pressure cooker on “brown” mode, sauté the onion, celery, zucchini and garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- In a separate skillet, cook the turkey bacon. In the bacon drippings (you won’t have much so add in a little olive oil if needed), cook the tilapia and shrimp.
- Add in the thyme, cayenne and black pepper with the meat mixture.
- Once the veggies and meat are fully cooked, combine in the pressure cooker.
- Add in the rice, water and tomatoes.
- Follow your pressure cooker’s instructions and cook on the “pressure” setting for about 15 minutes.
- You may need more or less time depending on the cooker.
- Once one cycle is complete, see if you’re rice is cooked through and most of the water is absorbed. If not, cook for a couple more minutes. You want a little bit of juice leftover but not to the point of soup consistency.