Disclaimer: These are not exactly healthy BUT you probably won’t feel tempted to buy those sleeves of cookie goodness when you can make it at home! The cookies feature just a few simple ingredients and provide the perfect crispy, crunchy cookie. The creamy, sweet filling is made of dairy free coconut cream. Basically, I think you’ll love them! They are one of my very best creations! Don’t forget that glass of almond milk 🙂 Makes about 20 sandwich cookies
1 cup palm shortening, butter, ghee or coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup whole cane sugar(or 1/3 cup honey)
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp coconut oil
4 oz dark chocolate bar or chips (I recommend Pure7, Eating Evolved or Enjoy Life)
1 cup cassava flour
1 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 can coconut milk, thick cream only
2 Tbsp coconut cream concentrate
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, cream together palm shortening, coconut sugar, whole sugar or honey and vanilla for about 2 minutes or until fluffy and smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil and chocolate. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Pour chocolate into mixing bowl with sugar. Add in cassava, almond flour and salt. Beat until combined.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and roll out dough on either a floured surface or between two sheets of wax or parchment paper. Roll dough to about 1/4″ thick.
- Using a small, round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for about 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, whisk together cream filling ingredients until smooth, about 2 minutes. Chill filling in fridge until ready to add to cookies.
- Spread a layer of filling on a cookie and top with another cookie.