I have a new found love for my pressure cooker. We eat chicken a lot and my electric pressure cooker can cook a frozen chicken breast in about 20 minutes. It’s fantastic. I’ve been struggling to get a sauce right in it though, but this turned out great!
3-4 frozen chicken breasts
½ cup honey
¼ cup mustard (or use ½ cup bottled honey mustard instead of honey & mustard)
¼ cup sweet & spicy mustard
¼ cup water
1 tsp garlic salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp tapioca (or corn) starch
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients except starch. Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Cook on the “pressure” cook setting for 20 minutes. After the chicken is done, remove and make sure it has reached the right temperature. If it hasn’t, pressure cook for a few more minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through, finish sauce on “brown” setting. Add the tapioca or corn starch and stir until blended.
- Cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly or until it starts to thicken. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and return to the sauce. Serve by itself or over rice.