How about a new, healthy pancake recipe that doesn’t include pumpkin or cranberries?! I don’t know about you but I’m tired of pumpkin ha! Plus the pineapple/banana/coconut blend makes me feel like summer is getting closer (hard to believe that with snow on the ground!) These pancakes came about as one of those that ingredients just end up in the bowl. I just kept tossing things in there until I was satisfied with the flavors. This would make a great summer breakfast too – but we’ll enjoy it now anyway! Makes about 6 medium sized pancakes.
1 over ripe banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
¾ cup GF all purpose flour
3/4 cup coconut/almond milk blend (or one or the other)
¼ cup pineapple juice
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (we use the Enjoy Life brand)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine banana, flour, milk and juice. Blend until smooth, then add in ginger, coconut and chocolate chips. Gently stir to combine ingredients.
- The batter should be runny, if needed add more milk.
- Pour batter onto hot griddle. I used ¼ cup measuring cup to get the pancakes the same size.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on one side or until edges start to bubble.
- Flip pancakes over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and additional coconut flakes if desired.