If you would have told me I’d be using essential oils on a daily basis, I would have said “you are crazy. What are essential oils?”. Turns out, there’s SO much to essential oils that I can only begin to scratch the surface for you. I’m so happy to have found them!
Here’s a quick run through:
- Essential oils are highly concentrated oils from various plants and herbs.
- Essential oils have many uses
- Natural body products (soaps, lotions, etc)
- Health (support system for body)
- Oral uses (cooking, supplements, etc)
- Household (cleaning, diffusing, etc)
- Much, much more!
- Essential oils can be blended together to make a variety of smells and blends
The most popular oils are:
- Lavender: soothing, promotes relaxation, encourages sleep and focus, can be used aromatically, topically and orally.
- Lemon: used for cleaning, cooking, promoting positive attitudes, supports digestive wellness, can be used aromatically, topically and orally.
- Peppermint: calming, digestive support, soothe nausea or morning sickness, can be use aromatically, topically and orally.
I’ve tried several oils and blends; here are my favorites:
- Oregano: great for cooking, immune support, respiratory support
- Orange: uplifting, energizing and great for cooking.
- Pan Away blend: great for pain relief (headaches, muscle aches)
- Stress Away: helps reduce stress and promotes calming – my favorite to diffuse
- Thieves: immune support, antibacterial – great for cold and flu season
- DiGize blend: my absolute favorite for digestive support! helps relieve nausea and upset stomach. I’ve made coconut oil lotion with it to carry wherever I need. It’s also great for diffusing.
- Peppermint oil: my husband had an insane hiccup problem and I read that peppermint oil can help. All he did was smell the oil bottle for a couple seconds and hiccups were gone!
- Valor blend: this blend can be used to help with muscle pain or muscle weakness. It is said to be supportive for people with MS or other illnesses. My mother has arthritis pain and swelling in her knees. I made her a simple roll-on of a few drops of Valor with macadamia nut oil. It did not reduce any swelling but it did help with some of her pain in her knee. Honestly, if she said it works, it must have!
- Orange oil: I love using a blend of orange oil and vinegar for cleaning. It’s a safe, natural cleaner that also smells great!
There are so many brands of essential oils out there. I’ve tried a few but I do love Young Living oils. Young Living has a vast variety of oils, blends and other products. They have good background of manufacturing their oils and sourcing oils from their farms. Young Living offers members an Essential Rewards Program that allows members to purchase products at a lower price than retail and earn rewards for each monthly purchase. I decided to become a member to enjoy lower prices. The rewards program is just another added bonus!
If you are curious about Young Living or other essential oils, please feel free to ask me! I’d be happy to answer questions or provide suggestions. If you want to join my team, click here! To join my team, enter my member number (1994204) when prompted.