I was never a huge fan of pancakes. I love making them because they are so easy but I was more of a fan of French Toast or warm, fluffy muffins with streusel topping. While I personally can’t eat these, my lovely family can and they sure gobbled them up! They were very light and moist and the crumb topping worked great. As we say in our house ”no complaints from the peanut gallery!” These are NOT paleo friendly but they are gluten-free. Swap out the butter for a dairy-free alternative. You can also use honey or other sugar replacement if desired. Makes 12-15 muffins
2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
2/3 cup almond milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp orange juice
1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp butter
Dash of cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar, orange juice and butter. Add in egg and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt. Pour in milk until just combined. Fold in berries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill greased or lined muffin tins about 2/3 full with batter.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes or until slightly brown and cooked through.