We are a young family of four….. that means four people, with four different taste preferences… that means four people with busy schedules and activities.
Taste of Home has just released a new cookbook, 100 Family Meals, that features some really great, easy-to-fix recipes. Plus, as you know, we deal with food allergies and these recipes are very easy to adapt.
What I love about Taste of Home is that most of the recipes are created by everyday people.. just like us. That means these recipes were created by families for families. There are 285 recipes that feature common, tasty ingredients for main dishes, sides, soups and even desserts!
Another feature about this book that I LOVE is each section includes a meal planning page to help make family meals even easier. Plus there are some healthy tips, reflections from readers and more!
Here are a few of our favorites that we have tried so far:
- Beef Potato Meat Loaf: our kids LOVE meatloaf and this was very easy to make and so comforting!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta:: a HUGE hit for all of us.
- Ginger Salmon with Brown Rice: we made some easy, allergy-friendly substitutions with great results!
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Salad: a light, delicious and filling salad that’s great for lunch!
- Orange Spice Carrots: a quick and very simple side dish that goes great with Slow-Cooker Roasted Chicken!
- Coconut Acorn Squash: just 6 simple recipes makes this delicious side dish.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cobbler: does any of that really need explanation 😉
Each chapter is divided up by course and meal type. For example, there are chapters for beef, chicken & turkey, pork, seafood, salads, sides, soups, desserts and more…. It makes it easy to just be able to flip to ‘beef’ recipes to find something to use up that ground beef in your fridge or freezer.
Probably my favorite feature is the chapter called “Conversation Starters”. It’s little questions and topics to talk about during dinner with your family. We never have the TV on but often we rush through dinner without much conversation and these questions really got us talking! Family time is very important, especially at dinner.
Overall, this really proved to be one of my favorite Taste of Home Cookbooks (and trust me, I have TONS). I love it because it features so many great recipes that are relevant to busy families – which we are. Not only that, but the recipes can be used for so many occasions or family sizes. Anyone can enjoy these recipes!
If you want to read more about the book or get one for yourself, head over to the Taste of Home book page!
**Disclaimer: I received this book to review as a Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor. The opinions in this post are my own, honest opinions.**